- 250g dark chocolate
- 200g butter – plus extra for greasing
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 115g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Share bag of favorite chocolate sweets
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and put over a pan of boiling water on the hob to melt the chocolate, make sure you’re stirring every now and then to ensure you’re not burning the bottom.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 / 180 fan.
- Grease and line a tin suitable for brownies.
- Set the bowl of melted chocolate to the side and add in both sugars and stir in vigorously till well combined. This cools the chocolate at the same time.
- One by one add the eggs making sure you are mixing each one in well.
- Add in the Vanilla extract and salt and mix well.
- Add in the flour gradually until all mixed in well.
- Pour in mixture into greased tin and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- At this point your Brownies will only be half set, take out the oven and push in your chosen chocolate sweets (my choice are crispy m&ms, but you can choose your favourites) over the top being careful you don’t burn yourself.
- Put back into the oven for a further 20 minutes until firm and springy from edges.
- Take out the oven and leave to cool in the tin. They will still be soft until cooled so be patient.
- Once cooled carefully flip out onto plate and slice into 9 slices and tuck in.
When fully baked, use a tea towel to lightly press the top and balance the top so is all an even size. It may rise and split but this is completely normal!
This recipe is my own and one of my favourites to make. I would love to see your take on this.